We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
We collect information about you to provide you with the best possible service and to provide you with related services and marketing from ourselves (but not from third parties without your consent).
The Information We Require
Here are some examples of the data we collect and reasons why:
- When you register on myPrice.com.au you are asked to provide your name, email address and password - this helps us recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service.
- We may also ask you to provide your age and possibly certain other personal details such as gender or where you heard about us. We collect these types of details for marketing purposes but we will never provide these details to third parties outside our group unless in anonymous form or as we say elsewhere in this policy.
- When you register to receive information emails, you are asked to provide your email address so that we can send these information emails to you. Also, if you elect to receive certain types of marketing emails, we may send you details of either our own or third party promotions, vouchers or special deals (although we will never pass your email address to those third parties).
- We keep a record of the contents of your shopping list between visits. This allows you to refer to this list for future reference. You may also be able to share this shopping list with your friends but this will remain in your control.
- We keep a record of your preferences such as sorting order of lists so you don't need to reset these preferences every time you visit this site.
- We keep track of your emails and contacts with customer support, so that we can provide you with a responsive and efficient service.
- We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Website, Service or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us with about the Website, the Service or ourselves - and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location.
- We collect and track statistical non-personal information about shopping habits, goods and service preferences and selections which customers have made and the likes for the purpose of business research and for the general improvement of the Service.
We will never give your personal data over to any third party (whether by giving it, selling it or renting) for their marketing purposes without your consent.
We may use your personal data ourselves to let you know about third party offers, promotions, vouchers or special deals (e.g. by us sending you emails) but we will never give your personal data to those third parties without your consent. Also, you will be able to unsubscribe from such emails at any time.
We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties without obtaining your prior consent if we are required to do so by law.
This site may contain advertising of third parties and reference to third party service providers Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any third parties or other sites.
Please note that we may e-mail for the following purposes:
as part of a service. For example, we send (or may send) emails to you in some of the following example circumstances:
after registration at this site, notifying you of your registration details;
as reminder emails about the services we offer (particularly if you have not used them yet or not used them for a while;
after you have sent a shopping list, giving you details about that;
to send you information which you have asked for (for example, you may have elected to receive newsletters or information on offers), although we will always give you the chance to unsubscribe from these and
to offer related services to you. However, in terms of any marketing emails we may send, we will always give you the chance to opt-out (or unsubscribe) from any marketing email from us in the future.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, where we hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process - which may later be changed we hold them using secure encryption. See our Security section for more details.
You can usually modify your browser to prevent cookie use - but if you do this the service (and the Website) may not work properly. The information stored in the cookie is used to identify you. This enables us to operate an efficient service and to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the website.